(Unfortunately, I will be traveling and thus not able to attend this event. But it looks like it will be great!)
Registration is open for the First Annual Maryland Cybersecurity Center Symposium!
When: Tuesday, May 15 and Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Where: Riggs Alumni Center, University of Maryland
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Drawing on regional experts of national and international acclaim, MC2’s first Annual Cybersecurity Symposium will showcase the latest research, trends, and topics in cybersecurity, including:
- Keynote addresses by Dr. Gary McGraw, CTO of Cigital, and Dr. Patrick McDaniel, Professor in Computer Science and Engineering at Penn State,
- Tutorials by MC2 faculty on secure web programming; cybersecurity law, regulations, and policy; code analysis for eliminating software vulnerabilities; and code instrumentation for finding flaws and mitigating attacks
- Technical talks on cutting edge research by MC2 faculty in both computer science and engineering; topics include digital fingerprinting, privacy-preserving computation, trusted hardware, and physical-layer security, and many others.
- Panels on current challenges in cybersecurity education and the projected impact of cybersecurity legislation, featuring a distinguished group of experts including Bill Newhouse of NIST and Ellen Nakashima of the Washington Post.
- Welcome addresses by Maryland Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger, outspoken cybersecurity proponent, and University System of Maryland Chancellor William “Brit” Kirwan
The MC2 Symposium program will broaden your knowledge, skillset, and awareness of cybersecurity problems and directions, and the event is sure to present unique opportunities to connect with colleagues across academia, industry, and the state and federal government.
We hope to see you there!
-Michael Hicks, Director of the Maryland Cybersecurity Center
-Eric Chapman, Associate Director of the Maryland Cybersecurity Center
Please note that this two-day symposium would not be possible without the strong support of our corporate partners:
SAIC, Google, Lockheed Martin, Tenable Network Security, Lunarline, Inc., Future Skies, Inc., AdvanTech, SuperTEK, CyberPoint, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, MAR, Inc.